Friday, May 18, 2007

Kelly Clarkson Says Media is Amplifying Reports That Clive Davis Despises Her Latest CD

Kelly Clarkson says the media is magnifying stories that Clive Davis hates her upcoming CD, ''My December,", which is scheduled for release in July.

Clarkson recently told AP Television, "You know what it is: This situation is just blown up. This record is no different from my other records. Every record I've come out with, people have not liked.''

Despite reports that the first American Idol's latest CD is appalling, Clarkson says it is 'really cool,' and that she takes the backlash as constructive criticism.

''There's always this battle, and it's not a bad battle to have. I mean, you obviously don't want 'yes' people around you. And, obviously, (Davis) and others at the label have been in the business far longer than I have. So you obviously take their opinions in.''

''I always go with my gut. My gut has obviously done pretty well for me thus far, so I don't see why I shouldn't keep listening to it."

''My whole goal is not just to sell millions of records. My whole goal is to have people like my music, come out to shows. That's basically it. I'm pretty low-key.''


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment